Owens Corning’s line of shingles and roofing accessories are designed for both beauty and offer a range of styles, high-performance standards and a range of colors from which to choose.
Statewide Roofing is an Owens Corning™ Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractor. Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractors are the top tier of a premier network of roofing professionals chosen specifically based on their commitment to service, reliability, and unparalleled craftsmanship. They are the only contractors who can offer the Owens Corning™ System Advantage™ Platinum Roofing Limited Warranty, which not only provides our strongest coverage, but also covers workmanship for life (as long as you own your home).
Since 1977, Owens Corning has been a leading manufacturer of shingles and accessories for the residential roofing market. Though best known for our PINK® Fiberglas insulation, Owens Corning is also a leader in the roofing market. In fact, according to a Hanley-Wood Publishing survey of 3,400 U.S. builders, Owens Corning Roofing products were voted “the most recognizable brand on the market.”
Since Owens Corning invented glass fiber during the 1970s, it has become the material standard for shingles and is used by most shingle manufacturers. The fiberglass composition of roof shingles plays an important role in protecting homes from moisture and other weather-related elements. We take great pride in our roofing shingles and accessories and we believe that we have a great deal of responsibility to homeowners. That’s why we make sure every Owens Corning shingle meets your high expectations. Every shingle we make combines consistent quality with long-lasting beauty and maximum protection. Performance is at the heart of every Owens Corning roofing product.
Every Owens Corning shingle line features:
- Fiberglas® mat that adds weather protection, greater fire resistance, and longer life.
- Weathering-grade asphalt that holds the granules on the shingle and protects the roof from the water.
- Colorful mineral granules that help reflect the sun’s rays while adding beauty and style to the roof.
- Heat-activated adhesive strip that bonds shingles into a single, watertight unit.
- Class A Fire Rating, the highest available for residential applications.
- Wind Resistance Rating for winds and gusts up to 110 mph depending on the shingle style selected.
- Limited product warranties ranging from 20 to 50 years, depending on shingle style.
Ask us about Owens Corning Sure Nail Technology and energy savings by installing Owens Corning Energy Star roofing products.
When we mention that Statewide Roofing is an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, do you truly understand what that fancy terminology means for YOU?
As a Platinum Preferred roofing contractor, we are among an elite level of contractors in the US. We are one of the few in Oklahoma, and to be more precise, less than 1% of the industry. In 2003, receiving the invitation to become part of the Preferred Contractor program from the most iconic shingle manufacturer was an ultimate validation in our shared commitment to excellence and consistency in this business.
Peace of Mind
You will find many manufacturers that offer many different products on the market today, all with varying warranties. However, not many manufacturers will warranty their products as well as the workmanship for 50 years. When your roof is installed by a Platinum Preferred contractor and you choose the Platinum Protection warranty, enjoy the peace of mind knowing that if your roof has an application defect, Owens Corning is there for you.
An Esteemed Privilege
A contractor may not ask Owens Corning to join the esteemed group of Platinum Preferred Contractors. Instead, Owens Corning carefully screens reputable companies and only invites those that meet a rigorous set of qualifications. Some of those qualifications include:
- In business under the same name for at least 5 years
- Holds at least a minimum of $1,000,000.00 of General Liability Insurance, carries Workers Compensation, and Automobile Liability.
- Hold licenses and insurances required by local, state, and federal law
- No bankruptcy (personal or business) in the past 7 years
- Multiple positive credit references from a roofing supplier
- No adverse legal actions or judgments against the company in the last 5 years
- Undergo a Dun & Bradstreet® credit rating, satisfactory with Owens Corning
- Endorsement of Area Sales Manager
- Companywide safety plan
- Proof of NRCA membership
- Good professional reputation with customer references or testimonials
- **Platinum Protection** – Roofing System Limited Warranty – This PLATINUM warranty is exclusively available to Owen’s Corning Platinum Preferred Roofing Contractors. This warranty provides complete coverage for the shingles and a required number of Owens Corning accessory products. It provides a 50-year non-prorated period in addition to a lifetime of workmanship protection. If your roof is found to have an application error, you are protected. Owens Corning will arrange the repair for the lifetime of your home.
- *Preferred Protection* – Roofing System Limited Warranty – This warranty provides up to 50 years of non-proration and a 10 year workmanship period. This better Owens Corning warranty is only available to members of the manufacturer’s Preferred Contractor Network.
- System Protection – Roofing System Limited Warranty – This is a standard system warranty available only to the manufacturer’s Preferred Contractor Network. This provides up to 50 years non-prorated protection.
The innovative features of Owens Corning™ TruDefinition® Duration® Series Shingles with patented SureNail® Technology offer the following:
Featuring a tough, woven engineered reinforcing fabric in the nailing area that promotes easy, fast and consistent nail gun fastening.
Triple Layer Protection®
A unique “triple layer” of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the common bond of the shingle laminate layers that offers excellent fastener holding power.
Our enhanced Tru-Bond®† sealant grips tightly to the engineered fabric nailing strip on the shingle below.
Excellent Adhesive Power
Specially formulated, extra-wide adhesive bands help keep shingle layers laminated together.
Exceptional Wind Resistance
The industry’s first asphalt roofing shingle engineered to deliver 130-MPH* wind warranty performance with only 4 nails. Fewer nails required can mean fewer deck penetrations.
33% fewer nails are required for maximum warranty protection***, which can mean fewer deck penetrations.