Impact Resistant Shingles ( IR Shingles – Class 4)
Statewide Roofing installs and recommends Class 4 Impact Resistant Shingles for our residential customers in Oklahoma City. Most of our suppliers offer the relatively new class 4 impact resistant shingles. A Class 4 Impact Resistant Shingles can withstand impacts from flying objects to a much greater extent than a common asphalt shingle. The impact resistant rating system ranks shingles’ resistance to impact into 4 levels – 1 through 4, with Class 4 as the highest rating level to impact resistance. If you install products that are UL 2218 Class 4 impact tested and may qualify for insurance discounts. These can be up to 30% on your premium. Please check with our insurance company for details.
Wind and hail damage is very costly. In fact, between 1991 and 1995, this kind of damage resulted in about $8 billion of insurance payouts each year. Roof damage caused by wind and hail made up a significant portion of these payouts. When asphalt shingles are damaged by hail, they can lose large amounts of granules, lose material at the edges, and suffer penetration by the hailstones.
Owens Corning Class 4 Impact Resistant Shingles
The difference between a good shingle and a great shingle is having SureNail® Technology. With SureNail® Technology, strength and durability are built into every Duration® Series shingle, thanks to the unique fabric strip in the nailing area. This unique shingle design provides outstanding gripping power.
- Patented SureNail® Technology — Only from Owens Corning and featured on our Duration® Series Shingles.
- Breakthrough Design — The tough-engineered woven-fabric nailing strip is embedded in the shingle to create a strong, durable fastener zone.
- Triple Layer Protection®+ — A unique “triple layer” of reinforcement occurs when the fabric overlays the two shingle layers, called the common bond area.
- Outstanding Grip — The SureNail® strip enhances the already amazing grip of our proprietary Tru-Bond® sealant.
- Exceptional Wind Resistance — The SureNail® grip helps deliver 130-MPH wind warranty* performance with fewer nails than required by most competitors.
Class 4 Impact Resistant Shingles
Atlas Roofing Class 4 Impact Resistant Shingles
Impact Resistant Shingles Class 4 Impact Resistance Atlas Impact Resistant Shingles featuring Scotchgard™ Protector incorporate a rubberized SBS polymer that creates a more durable and longer lasting shingle that can withstand extreme weather conditions. StormMaster’s SBS (Styrene Butadiene Styrene) asphalt construction ensures high performance and lasting durability. This superior shingle can be used in all areas of the country and has proven its stability in high impact and strong winds.
Call Statewide Roofing for information on how Class 4 Impact Resistant Shingles can reduce the risk of hail damage in storm season.